1. What time did you get up this morning?
12:25 (yes, that would be after noon, but I didn’t go to bed until 4:45 a.m.)
2. What was the last film you saw at the movies?
The Chronicles of Narnia (fabulous movie, by the way — and very faithful to the book)
3. What is your favorite TV show?
“Alias” (I’m very sad about its cancellation . . . )
4. What did you have for breakfast?
Diet RC (Used to drink Diet Coke, but I prefer Splenda to aspartame)
5. What is your middle name?
Lee (and yes, as in General Robert E. LEE — my great-great-grandfather was born in 1861 and named “Jeneral Lee Sprouse” after the great military man)
6. What is your favorite cuisine?
7. What foods do you dislike?
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
I’ve got an assortment of Christmas music in the CD player — I particularly like Harry Connick, Jr. and Clay Aiken
9. What type of car do you drive?
2000 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab, which happens to be in the shop right now with transmission woes . . . hopefully, it’s fairly minor ($500) and not fairly major ($1,600) right here before Christmas. BAH HUMBUG.
10. Favorite sandwich?
Hmmm . . . my best friend taught me to make this little number: Saute sliced onions in butter til slightly brown and crisp. Move to side and heat DAK ham in skillet, then lay slice of cheese over ham to slightly melt. Put all three on really good bread with yellow mustard. Didn’t realize it at the time, but I think this was her version of a Philly Cheese Steak (her dad is from Pennsylvania . . . )
11. What characteristic do you despise?
Liberalism that presumes to think it knows better how to live MY life than I do . . .
12. Favorite item of clothing?
Jeans and a t-shirt
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
I would choose Italy for myself and Ireland for my husband — brief stops at all the points in between would be tolerable . . .
14. What color is your bathroom?
Lavender and white
15. Favorite brand of clothing?
Whatever brand fits and is on sale . . . I’ve always been impressed by the quality, classic style and value of Lands’ End. (Heavens, I sound like a commercial . . . )
16. Where would you retire to?
Somewhere near the shore (beach, river, lake . . . doesn’t really matter as long as it’s water — preferably in Texas, I suppose.)
17. Favorite time of the day?
When my husband gets home from work.
18. What was your most memorable birthday?
31st — when my husband threw a surprise party for me . . . and I was truly surprised.
19. Favorite sport to watch?
Ice Hockey — it’s always fun to go to a fight and watch a game break out.
20. What fabric detergent do you use?
Purex — it’s cheap and works just fine.
21. Coke or Pepsi?
Stupid question . . . why anyone would drink something that tastes like the can it comes in is beyond me.Coca-Cola — it’s the REAL THING.
22. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
See Question #1.
23. What is your shoe size?
Before “baby” a 7 1/2. Now an 8.
24. Do you have any pets?
Two obnoxious dogs who will not live to see next Christmas if they don’t leave the damned tree ornaments alone . . . “Sweetie” the Chihuahua and “Hurley” the Golden Retriever.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share with your family & friends?
The new septic system is installed and works beautifully??? It’s the little things in life (like working toilets) that thrill me to my toes . . .
26. What did you want to be when you were little?
A marine biologist and a great American novelist . . . I have been scuba diving, know my seashells, and published a few stories in school literary magazines. Hmmm . . .